Victorian Premier, Daniel Andrews announces a further easing on restrictions from 11:59 pm on 31 May, which will allow beauty and personal care services like nail salons, spas, tattoo parlours to reopen with up to 20 customers per space – with customer contact details required to be kept.
Summary of Victoria Step 2 Easing:
Beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons, spas, tattoo parlours and massage parlours can now open with up to 20 patrons – the four square metre rule will apply to the publicly accessible parts of the venue, and a distance of 1.5metre should be maintained between customers.
Premier of NSW Gladys Berejiklian has also announced that beauty and nail salon operators can begin treatments from June 1 under strict COVIDsafe guidelines.
Safety plans will include measures such as:
· One person per 4 square metres including both staff and clients, up to a maximum of 10 clients at any one time;
· Exclusion of staff and clients who are unwell, even if they have only mild symptoms;
· Records of attendance on the business premises for all staff, clients and contractors;
· Cleaning requirements;
· Removal of books, magazines and iPads from waiting areas to reduce the potential for infection of clients;
· Seating in waiting areas that complies with physical distancing;
· Ensure good hand hygiene facilities are available, including at venue entry and exit, and promote excellent hand hygiene by staff;
· Clearly displayed conditions of entry on their entrance, website and social media platforms;
· Designating a staff member whose responsibilities include ensuring staff and clients have appropriate physical distancing and that the venue does not exceed the maximum capacity limit and;
· Measures to maximise distancing between staff where safe and practical, including assigning staff to specific workstations that are at least 1.5 metres apart and minimising any interaction between these stations;
· Encourage download of the COVID-safe app.
Businesses covered include beauty, nail, waxing and tanning salons. Once beauty salons are open, any services that normally and legally take place in a beauty salon will be able to be undertaken. Any existing rules and regulations will continue to apply.